In Denison, TX
REPORTS TO: Shift Superintendent
SHIFT: 2ND SHIFT
2410 Texoma Drive
Denison, TX 75020
Fax to (903) 464-0629
Apply in person or e-mail resume as a word attachment to: email@example.com
Ruiz Foods is an equal opportunity employer.
EOE: Male, Female, Vets, Disabled (M/F/V/D).
Ruiz Foods enforces a policy of maintaining a drug-free workforce, including pre-employment substance abuse testing.
The manufacturing supervisor is fully responsible for safety, manufacturing efficiencies pertaining to labor cost, material cost, overhead cost and product quality/product safety. Responsible for implementing policies/procedures and upholding company policies. Responsible for training and development of subordinates as well as planning day to day for optimum efficiency.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for supervising personnel and day-to-day operations in the department/shift.
- Responsible for all fill weight, counts, net weights and yields.
- Ensures line and appropriate components are set up to accommodate the particular product scheduled for the day.
- Assigns and supervises team members in the performance of their assigned duties focusing on efficiency, cost, quality, quantity, safety and sanitation.
- Trains team members in the proper methods of carrying out assignments and good working habits.
- Works closely with the Quality Assurance Department to ensure continuous production levels.
- Maintains periodic checks to ensure proper usage of materials and makes daily production reports reflecting yields, cooler inventories, waste, safety, and GMP ’s.
- Trains and counsels team members in GMP, housekeeping, sanitation, and safety issues.
- Applies and understands company policies regarding GMP ’s, HACCP, Rules and Regulations, and Attendance.
- Perform other duties as may be assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
- Minimum of at least two years experience and/or training in manufacturing.
- Good math skills, ability to read, write, and speak English.
- Proven leadership skills.
- Ability to communicate well with all levels.
- Basic knowledge in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook. Prism experience a plus
- Bilingual (Spanish/English) a plus.