R&D Lab Technician
In Dinuba, California
TITLE: R&D LAB TECHNICIAN
DEPT: RESEARCH & DEVELOPMENT
REPORTS TO: R&D SUPERVISOR
SHIFT: DAY (8:00-5:00 p.m.)
501 South Alta Ave
P.O. Box 37
Dinuba, CA 93618
Fax to (559) 591-1593
E-mail resume as a word attachment to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Ruiz Foods is an equal opportunity employer.
EOE: Male, Female, Vets, Disabled (M/F/V/D).
Ruiz Foods enforces a policy of maintaining a drug-free workforce, including pre-employment substance abuse testing.
The Research & Development Lab Technician will support product development, process development and sensory evaluation activities by collecting raw materials, preparation of samples, organizing and conducting product cuttings/formal sensory evaluations and performing analysis of raw ingredients and finished products. This position is also responsible for maintaining the laboratory area, pilot area and analytical area, including equipment calibration and cleaning. Within the scope of this position is coordination of large sample runs and scale-up in the plant.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Accurately prepare all samples according to the formula; to include making of cold and hot fillings, assembling, special processing, packaging and labeling.
- Observe, document and alert R&D project leader of any difficulties in preparing samples, such as high salt levels or texture issues.
- Perform and document cooking validations as assigned.
- Perform and document all required analytical testing as assigned.
- Perform all sensory lab testing according to documented sensory procedures as assigned and generate sensory test. Maintain adequate supply of all stock items. Place orders with Customer Service and Cold Storage. Retrieve appropriate items from processing.
- Maintain organization of all small wares, dishware, flatware, and ingredients. Maintain adequate supply of kitchen essentials such as foil, plastic wrap, and cleaning supplies. Organize and maintain freezers, refrigerators and storage spaces to include disposing or bringing to attention or R&D Supervisor any products that seem to be forgotten.
- Maintain work surfaces, sinks, microwaves, and kitchen equipment in sanitary order.
- High School Diploma and minimum of 1 year of production or R&D experience.
- Knowledge of food handling procedures.
- Ability to work under time pressures, flexible, and capable of working with all levels.
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Strong math skills (must be able to pass math test with a least 75% score)
- Ability to read and write proficiently in English. Bilingual English/Spanish preferred.