In Denison, TX
TITLE: Sanitation Manager
REPORTS TO: Director of Operations
2410 Texoma Drive
Denison, TX 75020
Fax to (903) 464-0629
Apply in person or e-mail resume as a word attachment to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Ruiz Foods is an equal opportunity employer.
EOE: Male, Female, Vets, Disabled (M/F/V/D).
Ruiz Foods enforces a policy of maintaining a drug-free workforce, including pre-employment substance abuse testing.
The Sanitation Manager is directly responsible for the cleaning of the equipment in the plant, chemical handling, storage, disposal, and waste management. Also responsible for pest control, buildings and grounds upkeep, janitorial staff, as well as safety, training, compliance, and record keeping.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for every aspect of the performance, safety, quality, staffing, documentation, and cost efficiency of the area(s) he/she is in charge of.
- The Sanitation Manager will work closely with Quality Control and USDA to achieve the desired level of sanitation for adequate food processing.
- The Sanitation Manager will work closely with the maintenance department to take care of, and address any maintenance related problems that arise or that would affect the production of healthy, sanitary products.
- Responsible for coordination of activities of the sanitation department and safety of operations within the department.
- Responsible for maintaining an adequate supply of all the necessary chemicals, supplies and equipment to perform all sanitation tasks, as required.
- Responsible for keeping and following a Master Sanitation Schedule of items that requires periodic attention.
- Responsible for buildings and grounds upkeep as well as for the janitorial staff.
- Responsible for the department budget.
- Responsible for all Pest Control activities (requires Structural Pest Control Certified applicator license)
- Bachelors Degree or five years experience in related field, or equivalent combination of education/experience.
- Must have a full understanding of OSHA regulations as they apply to our manufacturing environment
- Supervisory experience in a food-manufacturing environment preferred.
- Certified by AIB in the area of plant sanitation and food safety.
- Must be a good coordinator of human and material resources to keep the sanitation department at peak efficiency at all times.
- Good communication skills and tact to be able to interact with personnel, subordinates and management in the day-to-day performing of his/her duties.
Manages two subordinate supervisors who supervise approximately 69 employees in the Sanitation Department. Is responsible for the overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of these units. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.