Sr. Project Manager
In Dinuba, California
TITLE: SR. PROJECT MANAGER
REPORTS TO: VP ENGINEERING
501 South Alta Ave
P.O. Box 37
Dinuba, CA 93618
Fax to (559) 591-1593
E-mail resume as a word attachment to: email@example.com
Ruiz Foods is an equal opportunity employer.
EOE: Male, Female, Vets, Disabled (M/F/V/D).
Ruiz Foods enforces a policy of maintaining a drug-free workforce, including pre-employment substance abuse testing.
Responsible for managing engineering capital projects including automation, packaging, mechanical and process engineering. Responsible for developing automation and packaging master plan including cost saving initiatives across all manufacturing facilities. Responsible for managing process related projects including mixing, forming, enrobing, frying, freezing, packaging and palletizing. Responsible for developing packaging and automation engineering standards and assisting Engineering Project Managers in their implementation.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Determine scope, cost and benefit analysis for automation initiatives in processing, production, bakery, primary and secondary packaging working with the engineering and supply chain teams.
- Develop automation masterplan across multiple facilities.
- Support the technical needs of the company by understanding customer requirements, market demands, and competitors’ capabilities and products, identifying and analyzing trends in technology, understanding and quantifying company strengths and shortcomings and conferring and collaboration with other members of management.
- Develop standards for mechanical, electrical and automation projects for the company
- Manage capital projects as necessary to meet the company’s financial and operational objectives
- Be instrumental in developing long-term budget planning, costs, timing, and execution to meet business and operational needs.
- Conduct a continuous search of new materials, processes, equipment and procedures to enhance and improve production line efficiencies or reduce operational costs.
- Develop relationships with new and existing suppliers to consolidate standardization and reduce maintenance and capital costs.
- Liaise with company R&D, Operations and Marketing groups and provide packaging expertise in innovation and renovation projects.
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical/Controls Engineering or related field with a minimum of 7- years of experience in a food processing environment or food processing/packaging equipment OEM.
- Proven experience with hygienic design and knowledge in FDA/USDA requirements
- Strong understanding of computers and automated process control as well as AutoCAD, understand project to maintenance relationship/coordination, and MRO support.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Must be capable of supervising crews/contractors and or maintenance personnel during projects as necessary.
- Work well autonomously as well as well with a team.
- Flexible to work weekends, holidays and nights depending on projects
- Familiar with all project management tools and software.
- Familiar with Lean manufacturing processes.