Crab & Guacamole Dip
Bursting with flavor, this warm dip takes only minutes to prepare.
Prep Time: 8 minutes
Total Time: minutes
(1) 12 oz. container guacamole
12 oz. cooked crab meat or imitation crab meat
3/4 cup Monterey Pepper Jack cheese
1/4 cup fresh shredded parmesan cheese
1 Tbl. fresh shredded parmesan cheese
1 1/2 tsp. black pepper
1 tsp. dry oregano
1/2 tsp. salt or salt to taste * Also delicous with Bean and Cheese- no need to thaw burritos. Any prepared Mexican rice mix can be substituted for rice salsa mixture.
- Empty guacamole, crab meat , 1/2 cup pepper jack cheese and 1/4 cup fresh parmesan into medium sized mixing bowl.
- Blend well, then add all of the spices and salt. Add additional salt to taste.
- Spread mixture into an oven ready 1-quart dish.
- Heat in microwave, covered and vented, for 3-4 minutes.
- Remove from microwave and sprinkle 1 Tbl parmesan cheese and 1/4 cup jack cheese on the top of the dip.
- Microwave again for 1 1/2 to 2 minutes, uncovered, to melt top cheese.
- Serve warm with corn tortilla chips or gordita tortillas slightly warmed.