Here’s a recipe for Chicken Quesadilla Tacos.
- Prepare five El Monterey Quesadillas according to directions on container.
- Place sauce ingredients in a blender and blend until creamy.
- In a heavy bottomed saucepan cook sauce over medium heat, stirring occasionally until temperature reaches 150ºF.
- Or in a microwaveable bowl heat sauce for 2 minutes or until temperature reaches 150ºF.
- Mix shredded lettuce, cabbage, green onion, and cilantro in a bowl.
- Unfold the hot quesadilla enough to spoon bean sauce onto the chicken and cheese filling.
- Add generous amounts of the shredded lettuce and cabbage mix, top with tomatoes, and avocado slices.
- Crumble Cotija or another Mexican cheese on quesadillas and serve immediately.