Here’s a recipe for Taquito Croutons.
- Prepared quartered taquitos according to package directions for oven baking, deep or pan-frying, until crispy.
- Transfer cooked quarters to mixing bowl, sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and toss until fully coated. (To assure complete coating of cheese, pour a tablespoon of salad oil over taquitos and fully coat them before adding the Parmesan cheese.)
- Place parmesan-coated taquitos on a lined or greased cookie sheet. Sprinkle any remaining cheese over taquitos. Bake in a 400ºF oven for about 1 minute or until the cheese melts. Be careful not to over brown taquitos.
- Serve warm or just cooled over salads, with soups, or as a snack. Use a creamy Chipotle Bacon Ranch dressing (see recipe below) to add some zest to your salad or as a spicy dip.
Chipotle Ranch Bacon Dressing
Makes about 2 1/2 cups
2 cups Ranch Dressing
1 Tbl. Chipotle puree
1 tsp. Garlic puree
1/2 cup Bacon bits
- Mix all ingredients together and refrigerate for an hour before using.
- Toss dressing with any green salad.