Balsamic Dijon Vinaigrette
The perfect dressing for the perfect side salad to go with any of our delicious Mexican entrees.
- Preparation Time:
- Total Time:
- 4 El Monterey entrees
- 1 cup Balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup Dijon mustard
- 1 Tbl Crushed garlic
- 2 cups Olive oil or your favorite vegetable oil
- To Taste Black pepper (fresh ground preferred)
- 4 cups Romain lettuce lightly torn to desired size
- 1 Red onion sliced thin
- 1 Yellow bell pepper sliced
- 1 Pint Cherry tomatoes
DirectionsHere's a recipe for Balsamic Dijon Vinaigrette.
- Prepare El Monterey entrees as suggested on package and hold.
- Combine vinegar and mustard in blender on high speed for 1 minute.
- Turn blender to medium speed and remove pour cap from blender lid. Slowly pour the oil in a steady stream into the mixture. Continue to blend for another minute or two until well blended. Add black pepper to taste. If the dressing is not used immediately, it will begin to separate. To restore, shake vigorously, or return to the blender for another 30 seconds. (Dressing makes 3 cups)
- In a large mixing bowl combine lettuce, red onion, yellow bell peppers, and tomatoes and mix. Mix in as much vinaigrette into the lettuce as desired and thoroughly toss salad. Serve with prepared wrap. Refrigerate any unused dressing.