Santa Fe Roll-Ups
This hand-held appetizer is an ideal choice for your next gathering.
- 2 cups of your favorite guacamole
- (2) 16 oz. packs cream cheese, softened
- 1 box Grilled Chicken and Cheese Flour Taquitos (20 count)
- 1/3 cup diced tomatoes and green peppers
- 1/3 cup finely diced red bell peppers
- 1/4 cup diced green onions
- 2 1/2 cups finely shredded cheddar and jack cheese
- 2 Tbl. finely chopped jalapenos in brine
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. cumin
- 2 tsp. oregano
- 1/2 tsp. black pepper
- (10) 10″ flour tortillas preferably tomato or red pepper for holiday color
DirectionsHere's a recipe for Santa Fe Roll-Ups.
- Place taquitos in the refrigerator for 4 hours to soften.
- Combine cream cheese and guacamole in a mixing bowl, and mix thoroughly with a heavy-duty mixer attachment.
- Add red bell peppers, green onions, and jalapenos to mixture and mix thoroughly.
- In a separate bowl, mix spices with tomatoes.
- Blend tomato mixture into the guacamole mixture, mixing well.
- Spread approximately 1/3 cup guacamole-tomato mixture evenly on top of one flour tortilla.
- Sprinkle 1/4 cup cheese evenly over the spread.
- Take two taquitos and cut the doughy ends off about 1/4".
- Place the two taquitos end to end 1/3 down the flour tortilla with the spread on and begin to roll the taquitos tightly into the flour tortilla.
- Wrap in saran wrap and refrigerate. Make 9 more roll-ups.
- Warm wraps in the microwave 30 seconds per wrap in film and let set for 5 minutes before slicing into spiral shaped appetizers. Serve with cowboy or chipotle ranch sauce.