How to Make a Burrito Bake
By defrosting the burritos in advance, you can have this family-pleasing casserole on the table in 30 minutes.
- Preparation Time:
- Total Time:
- Family Pack of El Monterey Burritos or Chimichangas
- (1) 8” x 8” x 3” deep casserole dish and cover
- (2) 12 oz. cans red or green enchilada sauce
- (1) 11 oz. can Mexican corn, drained
- 1/2 cup black olives
- 2 cups shredded Jack and cheddar cheese
DirectionsHere's how to make a Burrito Bake.
- Defrost the burritos by placing them in the refrigerator for 8 hours prior or overnight. When burritos are soft cut each burrito in half. Preheat an oven to 375ºF.
- Spray inside of casserole with pan release spray. Pour half a can of enchilada sauce in the bottom of the casserole dish. Stand up the burrito halves, cut side down, about 2 inches apart. Add remaining sauce. Spoon corn and olives on top of sauce, in between the burrito halves. Sprinkle the cheese on top.
- Bake 40 minutes. Allow casserole to rest outside of the oven before serving.