Breakfast Sausage Hash Topping
This is a delicious breakfast or dinner serving idea for burritos or chimichangas.
- Preparation Time:
- Total Time:
- 4 El Monterey beef and bean chimichangas
- (1) 10 oz. package breakfast sausage or if you feel adventurous try chorizo – the traditional Mexican sausage
- 1 cup frozen hash browns – diced
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup cubed Poblano/Pasilla pepper Salsa Sour cream (optional) Your favorite guacamole (optional)
DirectionsHere's a recipe for Breakfast Sausage Hash Topping.
- In sauté pan -sprayed with vegetable release- over medium heat sauté sausage or chorizo for ten minutes.
- Add frozen potatoes, sauté about 5 minutes or until potatoes are soft.
- Add diced Poblano pepper and onion. Sauté until mixture is brown.
- Heat burritos or chimichangas following packaging directions.
- Top burritos or chimichangas with hash.
- Add garnish as desired and serve with your favorite salsa.