Calabacitas & Rice Casserole
Raise the level of your harvest dinner by serving a quick and easy Cheesy Squash and Mexican Rice Casserole as an extraordinary side dish with any of El Monterey’s center of the plate items such as Beef or Chicken tamales, or Supreme line burritos.
- 1 Tbl. Olive oil
- 1 cup White Onion, sliced
- 2 cups Zucchini Squash, sliced
- 2 cups Yellow Squash, sliced
- (1) 14.5oz. can
- Diced Mexican Tomatoes with Chiles, drained
- 2 cups Mexican Rice, cooked
- 2 cups Jack n Cheddar Mix Cheese
DirectionsHere's how to make Calabacitas & Rice Casserole.
- In a large skillet heat up olive oil.
- Sauté onions until translucent then add squash and cook until tender.
- Add tomatoes and cook until tomatoes are just about to simmer.
- Take off heat and mix in cooked rice thoroughly.
- Fold cheese into mix; spoon mix into greased soufflé or large coffee cups and bake until cheese is melted.
- Invert onto serving plates hot and serve immediately.