Carb-friendly Burrito con Calabacitas Casserole
El Monterey Carb Friendly Burrito served with a red chile and tomato sauce along side a cheesy casserole of green and yellow summer squash.
- Preparation Time:
- Total Time:
- 4 ea. El Monterey Carb Friendly Beef or Chicken Burritos
- 2 Tbl Olive oil
- 1 cp Julienne white onion
- 1 Tbl Fresh chopped garlic
- 1 cp yellow summer squash cut IN half moon shapes 1/4″ thick
- 1 cp zucchini squash cut IN half moon shapes 1/4″ thick
- 1 ea. 11 oz.canned diced tomatoes
- To taste salt
- To taste black pepper
- To taste Ground cumin
- To taste Whole leaf Mexican oregano
- 2 cp Cheddar & Monterey Jack cheese shredded
DirectionsHere's how to make Carb-friendly Burrito con Calabacitas Casserole.
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Heat El Monterey Burritos according to suggested methods on package and hold.
- Sauté garlic, onions, and squash in olive oil until onions are translucent.
- Add tomatoes and seasoning and finish cooking. Be careful not to over cook squash, allow squash to remain crisp and not too soft.
- Remove cooked vegetables from sauté pan and let cook slightly for about 5 minutes in a mixing bowl.
- Thoroughly mix cheese with vegetables and place in an ovenproof casserole dish.
- Bake dish uncovered in oven FOR about 5 - 8 minutes OR until cheese IS fully melted.Serve immediately with burrito and your favorite salsa or red chile sauce.
- 1 cp summer squash = 6.5 g
- 1 cp green zucchini squash
- 1 11 oz.Canned diced tomatoes
- 1 cp julienne white onion
- TO taste salt, black pepper, cumin, oregano,
- 1 oz.Cheddar jack mix cheese = 0.6 g