Mexican Red Chile Cream Sauce
Start with El Monterey’s Chicken n Cheese Chimichangas, then add just four ingredients to take the simple chimi to gourmet status. This easy-blend sauce takes just minutes to prepare. Top your creation with shredded cheddar cheese and you have the ideal comfort food – Mexican style!
- Preparation Time:
- Total Time:
- 6 El Monterey Chicken n Cheese Chimichangas
- (1) 14 oz. can Red chile enchilada sauce
- (1) 12 oz. can Evaporated milk or 12 oz. cream
- 1 1/2 cups Sour cream or Mexican Crema
- 2 cups Shredded cheddar cheese
DirectionsHere's a recipe for Mexican Red Chile Cream Sauce.
- Heat up Chicken & Cheese Chimichangas according the instructions on the package and keep warm.
- In a heavy bottom saucepot combine enchilada sauce and evaporated milk or cream and bring to a simmer.
- In a casserole dish pour enough sauce on bottom to just cover the bottom of casserole, arrange chimichangas on top of sauce, pour remaining sauce over the chimichangas and sprinkle cheese over each serving and melt in a preheated 375ºF oven for 1-2 minutes.