Chimichangas Ahogadas (Drenched)
The famous "Tortas Ahogadas" typical of Guadalajara, Jalisco, México, and the delicious "Wet" turkey and gravy sandwiches served a day after Thanksgiving inspired this idea. This recipe is particularly good with our chimichangas (any flavor), but also goes well with our burritos, flour taquitos or tamales.
- Preparation Time:
- Total Time:
- 5 El Monterey Chimichangas or 15 Flour Taquitos
- (1) 10 oz. can ready to use chicken gravy
- (1) 10 1/2 oz. can diced tomatoes with green chiles
- Chopped green onions or chives (optional)
DirectionsHere's a recipe for Chimichangas Ahogadas (Drenched).
- Heat burritos or chimichangas following packaging directions.
- For sauce, mix chicken gravy and diced tomatoes with green chile in a microwaveable bowl.
- Heat mixture in microwave for approximately 5 minutes.
- Spoon 1/2 cup of sauce in center of plate and place one chimichanga on top.
- Add generous amounts of sauce.
- Garnish with chopped green onion or chives. Serve with vegetables or salad.