Fresh tomatoes, chopped onion, and a few spices let you customize guacamole to your family's taste.
- 2 cups guacamole
- 1 cup diced deseeded plum tomatoes
- 1/2 cup diced red onion
- 1 tsp. minced fresh garlic (1 clove)
- 1 Tbl. minced fresh cilantro
- 1/2 Tbl. salt
- 1/4 Tbl. white pepper
- 1 Tbl. diced jalapeno in brine or one Serrano pepper or 1/2 Tbl. red pepper flakes
- 2 Tbl. diced canned green peppers
* Also delicous with Bean and Cheese- no need to thaw burritos. Any prepared Mexican rice mix can be substituted for rice salsa mixture.
DirectionsHere's a recipe for Chunky Guacamole.
- Preheat oven to 350ºF
- Wash, deseed and dice plum tomatoes.
- Wash and mince leaves of fresh cilantro. Pat dry with paper towel.
- Peel, wash and dice red onion into 1/4" pieces.
- Add tomatoes and onion to 2 cups of guacamole in a 1-quart bowl.
- Add garlic, cilantro, salt and pepper. Mix thoroughly.
- Add one pepper choice for spiciness of guacamole. Adjust amounts up and down for level of heat wanted.