Southwestern Cream of Squash Soup
Come in out of the cold and warm up to some crispy El Monterey Flour Taquitos served with a Cream of Southwestern Squash Soup. Simmered tender green and yellow squash mixed with rich cream and seasoned with the taste of the southwest.
- 4 El Monterey® Flour Taquitos
- 1 lb. Zucchini Squash, cut in 1″ cubes
- 1 lb. Yellow Squash, cut in 1″ cubes
- 1/2 lb. Potatoes, cut in 1″ cubes
- 4 cups Chicken or Vegetable Broth
- 2 cups Heavy Cream
- Salt, White Pepper, Granulated Garlic, seasoned to taste
DirectionsHere's a recipe for Southwestern Cream of Squash Soup.
- Follow the reheat instructions on the package of El Monterey® Flour Taquitos and hold in a warm oven.
- In a medium large stockpot bring to a simmer the squash, potatoes, and broth. Cook until vegetables are completely broken down and easy to puree.
- Puree soup mix with a submersible blender or in batches in a food processor. For a more chunky texture, simply break vegetables down with a stiff wire whip.
- Add cream and bring to a simmer; adjust seasoning to taste and serve immediately.
- Serve hot with El Monterey® Flour Taquitos.