Smoked Southwestern Corn Custard
This corn side dish perfectly complements the authentic flavors of El Monterey Burritos.
- Preparation Time:
- Total Time:
- 6 El Monterey Burritos (customer’s choice)
- (1) 15 oz. can whole kernel corn, drained
- (1) 15 oz. can creamed corn
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup milk or half n half
- 2 tsp. cumin
- 2 tsp. granulated garlic
- 1/8 tsp. white pepper
- 1 tsp. chile powder
- 2 Tbl. chopped cilantro
- 90-100 Ritz crackers; crushed fine
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions
- 1/4 cup chopped red bell peppers
DirectionsHere's a recipe for Smoked Southwestern Corn Custard.
- Preheat oven to 350°F & fire up your indoor or outdoor electric grill.
- Fully thaw El Monterey Burritos and liberally brush with cooking oil. Grill burritos on all sides to completely reheat to an internal temperature of 165ºF. Wrap in foil to keep warm.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the whole corn, creamed corn, eggs, milk, seasonings, cilantro, crackers, green onion; and red peppers mix well.
- Pour mixture into a lightly butter casserole dish and place grilled burritos in casserole dish. Bake at 350°F (175°C) for 50 minutes.