Taquito Tempura Battered Bites
Tempura batter and teriyaki glaze give this Mexican favorite an Asian flair.
- 4 El Monterey Mexican Grill Chicken Taquitos
- 1 box Tempura batter
- 2 cups White Rice (cooked)
- 1 Carrot (shredded)
- 1/4 cup Teriyaki Pineapple Honey Glaze (your favorite brand)
- 1 Stalk Green onions chopped
DirectionsHere's a recipe for Taquito Tempura Battered Bites.
- Thaw El Monterey Mexican Grill Chicken Taquitos and cut them into thirds and set aside.
- Prepare and preheat deep fat fryer according to manufacturer’s specifications to 375ºF. Read operating and frying instructions first before cooking. Or use a heavy bottomed medium size stockpot with frying oil; all you need to fry this product is about 4 inches of oil. Heat oil to 375ºF and use a frying or candy thermometer to measure oil temperature. Always fry at the given temperatures, allow oil to reheat to given temperatures between batches of frying foods. Always wear protective eye wear when deep fat frying.
- Prepare boxed tempura batter mix according to instructions on package.
- Double lined a cookie sheet pan with good absorbent paper towels. Preheat oven to 160ºF.
- Batter dip 3 or 4 of the cut taquitos using a long tine BBQ fork. Roll taquitos in batter and fully coat them. Lift taquitos out of batter and shake them well up and down several times to drain excess batter. Gently lower fork tines into fry oil and with another fork release bites into oil and allow them to cook until bites are lightly browned.
- Once bites begin to brown scoop bites out of oil with a wire flat strainer and shake them well up and down several times to drain excess oil. Place bites on lined cookie sheet and allow them to drain. Place cookie sheet in oven to hold and keep warm. Do not cover products.
- To serve: place rice in center of serving plate and spread carrots around rice. Arrange fried taquito bites around rice. Drizzle glaze and sprinkle green onions over rice and taquito bites. Have extra sauce on the side for dipping.