Mexican Grilled Chimichangas and Vegetables
Looks great and tastes even better! This grilled Mexican platter makes a fun family-style meal.
- Preparation Time:
- Total Time:
- 4 El Monterey Chicken Cheese Chimichangas
- 4 cups Quick Instant Mexican Rice (hot and cooked)
- 1/2 cup Olive oil
- To Taste Salt, Black Pepper, & Granulated Garlic
- 2 Portobello mushrooms whole and de-stemmed
- 4 large Squash (zucchini & yellow) lengthwise sliced in half
- 1 large Red onion 1/4” thick sliced rounds
- 4 Bell peppers (red & green) stemmed and cored cut into 1/4” thick rings
- 12 Spears of asparagus
- 3 large Beefsteak tomatoes sliced 1/4” thick
- 4 Assorted chilies (your choice) uncut
DirectionsHere's a recipe for Mexican Grilled Chimichangas and Vegetables.
- Follow pre-heating and operating instructions for your indoor grill press.
- Completely thaw out the Chicken & Cheese Chimichangas before cooking them. Place Chimichangas on grill and cook for 5-10 minutes. Turn Chimichangas over after two minutes and finish cooking. Internal temperature must reach 160ºF before serving. Place Chimichangas in a warm oven to hold.
- On a large platter mound and spread evenly the prepared Mexican Rice. Hold in a 150ºF oven. Put cooked Chimichangas in the center of the platter over the rice.
- Liberally brush all cut vegetables with olive oil and season to taste.
- Grill each vegetable together and until done to desired doneness. Some vegetables may take longer than others. Wipe the grill down after each vegetable is cooked.
- As each vegetable is cooked, arrange on the platter.
- Serve as soon as all the vegetables are cooked.