Pine Nut Encrusted Shredded Steak
Try something special for a Center of the Plate Tamale dish: Golden toasted pine nuts encrusting a savory El Monterey Tamale accompanied by a sweet potato cream sauce and garnished with pomegranate. Excellent for a trendy Southwestern Cuisine Dinner Party.
- Preparation Time:
- Total Time:
- 4 El Monterey 6.5 oz. Shredded Beef Tamales, thawed
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1/8 tsp. black pepper
- 1/8 tsp. granulated garlic
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 2 Eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 1/2 cups toasted pinenuts
- (1) 18.6 oz. can cut sweetpotatoes
- 2 tsp. pumpkin spice
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
DirectionsHere's a recipe for Pine Nut Encrusted Shredded Steak.
- Preheat oven to 350º F.
- Remove tamales from wrappers and set aside.
- Pour flour, salt, pepper and garlic onto a plate and mix well. Set aside.
- Break eggs into a wide bowl and whisk in milk until well blended and a little frothy.
- Lightly pulse blend toasted pine nuts in a food processor, being careful not to over-blend.Leave nuts coarsely chopped. Place onto another large plate and set aside.
- Line up from left to right: flour, egg mixture, and nuts.
- Lightly coat tamale with seasoned flour.
- Dip tamale into egg mixture, being mindful to completely cover tamale, then roll evenly in chopped nuts.
- Place on a greased baking sheet. Repeat process for remaining tamales.
- Bake for 20-30 minutes or until internal temperature is 160º F. Serves 4.
- Place remaining ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth.
- Pour mixture into a sauce pan and bring to a simmer slowly over low heat. Be careful not to boil.