Here’s a recipe for Pine Nut Encrusted Shredded Steak.
- Preheat oven to 350º F.
- Remove tamales from wrappers and set aside.
- Pour flour, salt, pepper and garlic onto a plate and mix well. Set aside.
- Break eggs into a wide bowl and whisk in milk until well blended and a little frothy.
- Lightly pulse blend toasted pine nuts in a food processor, being careful not to over-blend.Leave nuts coarsely chopped. Place onto another large plate and set aside.
- Line up from left to right: flour, egg mixture, and nuts.
- Lightly coat tamale with seasoned flour.
- Dip tamale into egg mixture, being mindful to completely cover tamale, then roll evenly in chopped nuts.
- Place on a greased baking sheet. Repeat process for remaining tamales.
- Bake for 20-30 minutes or until internal temperature is 160º F. Serves 4.
- Place remaining ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth.
- Pour mixture into a sauce pan and bring to a simmer slowly over low heat. Be careful not to boil.
Serve with seasonal vegetables such as summer squash, tomatoes and onions, or roasted winter squash. Garnish with fruit salsa, apple relish, or pomegranate seeds. Serve with fresh green salad.
Try substituting walnuts or pecans for pine nuts.