Braised Mexican Caldo (Soup)
Loaded with vegetables, this hearty soup is both easy and quick to prepare.
- Preparation Time:
- Total Time:
- 24 El Monterey Beef Corn Taquitos
- 2 Tbl. Olive oil
- 1 medium head White cabbage, quartered (do not remove core)
- 1 1/2 cup White potatoes, quartered, canned
- 1 cup Green beans, canned
- 1 1/2 cups Sliced carrots, canned
- 1 cup Whole kernel corn, canned
- 1 cup Diced tomatoes, canned
- 48 oz. Chicken broth from can
- 1 Tbl. Cumin seeds whole
- To Taste Salt & Black pepper
- To Taste Cilantro coarsely chopped
DirectionsHere's a recipe for Braised Mexican Caldo (Soup).
- Heat up Shredded Steak Corn Taquitos according the directions on the package while soup is simmering according to directions below.
- In a large wide bottom saucepan heat up olive oil on high heat and quickly brown just the tips of the cabbage wedges.
- Turn heat down to medium high, remove cabbage carefully to a cookie sheet, add the rest of the ingredients, and replace cabbage on top of soup ingredients. Bring soup to a medium simmer uncovered and cook for 5 minutes or until all ingredients are heated through.
- Serve soup in large bowls dividing all the vegetables evenly and arrange taquitos in the bowl or on the side.