Mexican Cabbage Slaw with Tomatillo Vinaigrette
When the weather turns warm, try this refreshingly cool and crisp side dish with El Monterey Taquitos
- Preparation Time:
- Total Time:
- 18 each El Monterey Shredded Steak Flour Taquitos
- 1 small head White cabbage shredded or your favorite green salad
- 1 bunch Red radishes shredded
- 2 large Carrots peeled and shredded
- 1 small Red onion sliced paper thin
- 2 cups Tomatillo Vinaigrette
- 4 medium Tomatoes cut into wedges
- 1 large European cucumber sliced thin
- 1 cup Peanut meats toasted and coarsely chopped
- 3 cups Guacamole
- 3 cups Sour cream
- 2 each Limes cut into wedges
DirectionsHere's a recipe for Mexican Cabbage Slaw with Tomatillo Vinaigrette.
- Heat up El Monterey Shredded Steak Flour Taquitos according to reconstitution instructions on the package and keep warm.
- In a mixing bowl thoroughly toss together the next four ingredients with just enough of the Tomatillo Vinaigrette to lightly coat but not saturate the greens.
- Adjust taste of salad by adding any additional salt & black pepper.
- Portion the tossed salad mix onto 6 large entrée plates, lifting the salad up off the plate as to form a high pile of greens.
- Carefully arrange three El Monterey Shredded Steak Flour Taquitos a top the salad without loosing too much height off the salad from the weight of the Taquitos.
- Garnish plate with the rest of the ingredients, squeeze a wedge of lime all over the finished salad and serve immediately.