Tamale Rice Bowl
During half time, do the El Monterey Super Tamale Bowl. Serve up El Monterey’s authentic Beef, Chicken or Pork tamales over top Mexican rice smothered with your favorite Chile con Carne finished with cheese, sour cream and chopped olives and green onions.
- 6 El Monterey® Beef Tamales
- 6 cups Cooked Mexican Rice
- 3 cups Chile Con Carne
- 12 oz. Shredded Cheddar & Jack Mix
- 12 oz. Sour Cream
- 3 stalks Green Onions
DirectionsHere's how to make a Tamale Rice Bowl.
- Heat up El Monterey® Beef tamales according to the instructions on the package and hold.
- In a medium sauce pan heat up on the stove top chile con carne; add water or stock to thin out if chile is too thick.
- In a microwave proof bowl heat up Mexican rice in a microwave until done.
- Carefully remove the husks from the tamales and chop them up into 3-4 pieces each.
- Spoon one cup of hot rice into service bowl, place chopped tamale on top of rice, spoon hot chile over top of tamale and rice; garnish with cheese, a dollop of sour cream, olives, green onions