Here’s how to make a Tamale Rice Bowl.
- Heat up El Monterey® Beef tamales according to the instructions on the package and hold.
- In a medium sauce pan heat up on the stove top chile con carne; add water or stock to thin out if chile is too thick.
- In a microwave proof bowl heat up Mexican rice in a microwave until done.
- Carefully remove the husks from the tamales and chop them up into 3-4 pieces each.
- Spoon one cup of hot rice into service bowl, place chopped tamale on top of rice, spoon hot chile over top of tamale and rice; garnish with cheese, a dollop of sour cream, olives, green onions