Here’s a recipe for Taquito Quiche Cups.
- Cut 12 El Monterey Taquitos in half and set aside.
- Move oven rack to the second position from the bottom. Preheat oven to 350ºF. Line standard size muffin pan with paper muffin cups and spray with food release. Place muffin pan on a cookie sheet for easy transport.
- Evenly distribute cheese, bacon, green onions, and chilies in each muffin cup.
- Make the custard by whisking eggs in a large bowl until frothy. Add half-n-half or milk and mix thoroughly. Evenly pour and distribute custard among all the muffin cups.
- Bake muffins for approximately 10 – 15 minutes or until the custard just begins to firm up. Gently open oven door and remove cookie sheet and place on counter nearby and close oven immediately.
- Press the cut ends of two taquito halves at an angle into the center bottom of each muffin cup. Sprinkle the ground corn tortilla chips over the tops and return muffin pan to the oven for an additional 10-15 minutes. When custard is firm and taquitos are crisp and hot, turn oven off and allow Taquito cups to set and rest in the oven 5-10 minutes before serving.